Saturday, June 13, 2009

Japanese Spring Food Fair @ One Utama

This evening I went to One Utama with Yin for Japanese Spring Food Fair & sushi dinner, yes, I love Japanese food! This food fair is organized by Shojikiya and held next to Gelato Fruity Ice Cream @ New Wing, One Utama.


All the sales persons are wearing Kimono, yellow in colour. Above photo shows a sales girl demonstrating how to cook miso soup. I tried it, not bad, so I bought a box of miso paste for me to cook soup at Temerloh. ><



Various types of snacks, so tempting


Choya Plum wine. I tried 2 types, 15% alcohol tastes better but we have chosen 10% because it's cheaper. If you spend RM50 or above, you get to buy one bottle (160ml) of choya wine with RM10, which is much cheaper than normal price. We finished the wine in seconds once we got home, haha.

These are what we bought!
My favourite choya


We had dinner at Sushi Zanmai again tonight, the best economic sushi restaurant in town. I've blogged about this before, but I'm still addicted to the sushi served over there. As usual, we ate egg sushi, potato mayo, salmon sushi etc. We also tried something different like soft shell crab maki.


A must try potato mayo, I've ordered endless time. The potato blend with egg and some crispy vege (cucumber? cannot really tell), delicious. Japan cucumber is crunchy and 'sweet', I love it! One for RM4.80, excluding tax.

Crab sushi, my all time favourite at Zanmai. One plate costs RM4.80



First time try this- Soft Shell Crab Maki, RM6.00.Not bad,the soft shell crab very crispy, but a bit salty and too much flour.

No comments: