Allergan Prednisolone Mild 0.12% eye drop to treat the inflammation, 1 drop 4 times a day for 2 weeks. Alcon Tears Naturale preservative free, 1 drop 6-8 times a day for a month. Alcon Duratears Naturale for dry eye, to be used every night.
I don't know how compliant can I be... Apply so many different drops per day, and so frequent~ Actually I don't have any problem until I started using the eye ointment last night. Have counseled countless number of patients the ways to use eye ointment, but when I try to administer it into my own eye last night, I found some difficulties too! First, I've shaky hands! Friends who know me well sure know that I've shaky hands, not because I'm nervous or having hyperthyroidism, just born like that~ Second, I really dislike the blurry and cloudy vision after using the ointment.
How To Administer An Ophthalmic Ointment
1. Wash your hands carefully with soap and warm water.
2. Gently cleanse the affected eyelid with warm water and a soft cloth before applying the ointment.
3. In front of a mirror, with the affected eye looking upward, gently pull the lower eyelid downward with your index finger to form a pouch.
4. Squeeze a thin line (approximately 1cm) of the ointment along the pouch.
IMPORTANT: Be very careful when applying this ointment. DO NOT allow the tip of the ointment tube to touch the eyelid, the eyeball, your finger, or any surface.
5. Close the eye gently and rotate the eyeball to distribute the ointment. You may blink several times to evenly spread the ointment.
6. Replace the cap on the ointment tube.
After you apply the ointment, your vision may be blurred temporarily. Do not be alarmed. This will clear up in a short while, but do not drive a car or operate machinery until your vision has cleared.
* This is a sterile ointment. Contamination of the tip or the cap of the tube can lead to a serious eye infection.
* If irritation persists or increases, discontinue use immediately.
* Generally, eye makeup should be avoided while using eye ointments.
Information adapted and obtained from The Pharmaceutics and Compounding Laboratory