Saturday, November 12, 2011

Novomin (Dimenhydrinate) - The Medicine for Motion Sickness/Travel Sickness

Everytime when I do locum at retail pharmacy, there'll be customers asking for some pills to prevent motion sickness, also known as travel sickness. One of the commonly used medicine is Novomin (Dimenhydrinate) 50MG by Xepa-Soul Pattinson, to be taken half an hour before the journey. Personally I've never tried this medicine before, as it can cause drowsiness, one of the side effects which I don't like to experience especially during travel period. However, some people would rather feel sleepy than nauseated or dizzy.

During my last visit to Chiangmai, we went to a place called Pai. It takes around 4-5 hours drive from Chiangmai and the road condition is known to be winding and bad. Maybe due to this reason, I saw some cute dimenhydrinate tablets being sold at one of the souvenir shop. Yes, you didn't hear me wrongly, is sold at a souvenir shop by a shopkeeper, not in a registered pharmacy store by pharmacist.

Each tablet is packed individually with adorable and creative designed. Nicely arranged and displayed on the wall. Initially I thought they are some key chains. @@

Only the ingredient and strength are stated, no expiry date. Em, I wonder is there any tourist who will like to try this. But frankly speaking, I love the design a lot, quite regret for not buying one as souvenir, haha

I don't understand Thai language, but I'm certain they are not instructions on how to take this med, lol.

ps:All photos above captured by my Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830. :)

4 comments:

Sonia ~ Nasi Lemak Lover said...

Thai peoples are very creative indeed..look so cute..but don't think people are willing to eat it,hehehe..

Min said...

They are really creative, really admire the people there, very talented!

Mindy said...

Yeah i agree, thais are very creative, they can design lots of cutie stuffs ^^

Medifast Coupons said...

They actually are pretty, I was thinking pendants.