Sunday, January 31, 2010

Tip of Borneo, Kudat, Sabah

During my recent trip to Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, we went to Tip of Borneo which located at Kudat. I first time heard about this place from my friends Masyitah and Ee Boon in 2009. When I watched TVB series Born Rich (富贵门) few months back, I saw this place again towards the ending part, so I decided to pay a visit.

It took us around 2-3 hours drive from 1Borneo, actually the long journey made me feel very tired. It reminds me of the journey from ChiangMai to Golden Triangle, lol.

When we reached there, the sun was blaring hot, luckily I brought along my SPF130 sun block, haha. The scenery really nice and unique, I could see the crystal clear water with different colour tones under the hot sun.


Take a look at the water, a blend of dark blue and sky blue. Interesting?

We are not suppose to cross over to the tip, but...

This is the Tip of Borneo, also known as 天涯海角 in mandarin. There's another one at Hainan Island but I haven't been there yet.



This's the beach, but not many tourists around. I didn't see any hotel or resort around, just saw the Bay View Chalet.

Oil painting? The scenery is just too breathtaking.


A small island that can be viewed from Tip of Borneo. Heard that we actually can reach HK if we go all the way straight from here. How true is it? Answer is not available, haha.

2 comments:

masyi said...

wow...nice pic
i oso want to go but don't no when.i'm sabahan but not yet reach there.

Mindy said...

But there got not much activity lol, very peaceful place. Just can swim over there, didn't see any sea activities like banana boat etc.