Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Tampopo Japanese Restaurant @ Takashimaya, Orchard Road, Singapore

Just back from Singapore recently, this time we got free accommodation at my relative's house, so it helps to save a lot. On the first day upon arrival, we unpacked our stuffs as soon as possible and headed straight to Orchard road. Orchard road is packed with bunch of people and tourists, as usual. After some shopping (window shopping for me), we wanna had dinner at Pepper Lunch, a Japanese type of fast food restaurant. To our surprise, it's being replaced by another Japanese restaurant named Tampopo. With some hesitations, we went into the restaurant, thinking of exploring a restaurant which couldn't be found in KL.


The chef at Tampopo is a Japanese, he served the food to us himself, with his warm smile. The customers beside us are Japanese too, eating the famous Ramen highly recommended by the chef. I dun really like ramen or udon, so I chose Chicken Cutlet Set, and it didn't disappoint me!


Chicken Cutlet Set. S$17.30++ The set comes with a bowl of rice, miso soup with sumptuous filling , watermelon and refillable hot green tea. I love the chicken cutlet the most, the chicken is so juicy and tasty that you can eat without any sauce. The outer layer is crispy yet not oily.

Chicken Katsu Don Set. S$16.30 ++. Much better than chicken katsu don which I tried before at Kura Restaurant & Sushi Zanmai.

I wish Tampopo will have its branches in KL soon~~

No comments: